Sunday, March 24, 2013

The real thing!

What an amazing day today.  You know how you go to church and you sing those songs "take my life and let it be...." and you mean it, really mean it.  You want God to take you life, you want to be used.  You are sincere when you sing.  Well today, as I was singing, I felt something different.  It was as if today was the real deal.  This was the day that as I sang about "giving my life, my all to God" that I really meant it.  As I sang, I started to laugh and get excited and I said to God, "this is the real thing isn't it?!  It's finally happening?" 
 
I realized that today was the day that I crossed the line.  I had ALWAYS loved God, served him and meant every word that I sang and I know those who sang the same words today do, too.  It's just that TODAY, for me, God took me across a line.  A self-made line maybe?  He knew I was ready based on some of the things I have been working through and learning.  In my trials, God is with me, and he is teaching me.  I am learning so much in what I am going through.  If nothing more, a reliance on him more than in any other season. 
 
I am a little concerned about what that means but all I do know is that it changes everything.  I may be the same in some areas but I may be so different in others.  Friends may fall away and others may be drawn to me.  I pray those who believe, love and trust God will stay with me and jump aboard this crazy ride I am about to take.
 
I am expecting great things from God and I am expecting I will have to do some great things, too.  Or perhaps I will just need to be faithful with the few so he can bless me with greater down the line.  Either way, knowing God, this will be an adventure. 
 
I can not tell you how I feel inside.  There has been something that has come over me.  I can't explain it.  I feel this amazing sense of desire to be with God and know His word and study it.  I am overwhelmed at times with love and excitement and all I want to do is run to my room, shut the door and start my Bible study or read a devotional or in some way study His powerful, perfect word.  I have prayed for this and he has answered.  I hope you, too, will pray to be filled with the desire to know and understand his word.  It's hard to stop and focus on my family but I know I must.  This is when I can talk to them about who God is and how much he loves them and why I love God's word so much.
 
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, may you be blessed with wisdom and discernment and excitement and you study the word of God!!  May you, too, cross that line and make it REAL with God.  It will be worth the ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment