Saturday, February 2, 2013

Chapter 4 and delays, delays, delays!

wow - I don't even know where to begin.  Writing is much harder than I thought but then I never did expect it to be easy.  I have to find the time to write on weekends because working full time makes writing impossible during the week.  Writing on the weekends is hard because I want to be with my family and children and that wears me out.  More often than not, when the kids take a break to rest and nap, I do the same.  But I am determined to birth this book.  God has a message for me to share and I want to share it.
 
Today I finished Chapter 4.  Right now I am sitting on the couch, fireplace going, house quiet and rain falling outside.  It's cold and I just want to relax and snuggle in the warmth of my home.  I feel so blessed right now.
 
Since my last blog, I have come to realize that perhaps it was not some horrible twist of fate that brought me to my new job.  My book is about changing our thinking - substituting our deceptive thoughts with the life-changing truth of God's Word.   I have been thinking that God took me through the process of Scriptural Based Thinking during my leave of absence and my time of recovery.  That was to give me the idea of how I needed to survive.  Now, dealing with my present circumstance, I will truly be putting the process into practice.  If I believe in it enough to write about it - then I should be able to live it.  Perhaps I can write about it even better if I am living it while I write it. 
 
I will now be getting into the meatier part of it - Chapter 4 is about how we got into the situation of needing God and this process and sets the stage for the remainder of the book which discusses how to fight the spiritual battles, live victoriously and stay living in victory.

Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness.  (Romans 6:19 NLT)
I am getting very excited about making all of this public.  My plan is to start spreading the word after chapter 5 is complete.  I want to make this process, make this tool, make this way of life available to all I can. 
 
I can say with 100% belief that what I have to share, the way people can change their life through this process, will work.  It will set people free.  It will give them a completely new way to attack the deceptive thoughts in their head that come from the world in which we live. 
 
I did some research on he word deceptive and how it applies to deceptive thoughts: deceptive has the connotation of being interrupted, beguiling, plausible, subtle, sneaky, crafty, cunning, ambiguous, vague by accident or intent, questionable, and unclear.  Deceptive = causing one to believe what is not true or is likely to mislead someone.  These are the thoughts with which we are bombarded day in and day out.  This is why we must have the power of the Word of God on our side and on the edge of our lips.  We must know how to combat the lies we are told.  We need a weapon and that is what I am trying to share with the world.

Standing firm in God's grace - Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment