Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 2

Day 2

Writing a book is harder than I thought.  I have so many ideas in my head and I am juggling priorities.  Time ... there is never enough.
 
When I took this photograph, I thought I looked pretty.  Now I can see how gaunt I looked.  I took this months into my illness when I was blind to my actions and how they were affecting my family.  At the time, I was consumed with my stress and my pain.  Living with a chronic illness is not easy - daily pain eats away at your patience and makes you frustrated and angry and hopeless.  I don't know how people go through something like this without faith in God. 

Phillipians 4:13 For I can do everything through Christ,
who gives me strength(NLT).
 
As I write this, I am getting ready for a job interview.  Due to a large company reorganization, my current position is gone and I am "reassignable."  I am trying to find a job I want before they hand me my new assignment as I would like some say in where I land.  I am thankful that I was not surplussed and I know that I am in God's very capable hands.  He has always been in control of my career and while I am nervous about the position (it's not the one I have my heart set on), I am going to trust in Him.  He has never steered me wrong. 
 
That's the awesome thing about God - He wants the best for me so even if this new position is designed to teach me something, it's a lesson from God - who loves me more than I can imagine - and I can TRUST Him.  This goes for you, too.  If you are struggling, stop messing around and give it up to God.  Trust in Him and his goodness.  He has a plan for your life (Jeremiah 29:11) and it's a good one. 
 
If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.  I will be found by you, says the Lord.  I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. 
Jeremiah 29:13-14 (NLT)
 
So whether it be an illness or a job change, I trust God with my life.  After all, he gave it to me in the first place.


No comments:

Post a Comment